This Policy explains the types of personal information we collect, why we collect it, how we may use, how we disclose and protect it, and how you can update, manage, export, and delete your information. We will also provide you with additional information that should help you protect your security while using the Platform (as defined in the Flu Game LLC Customer Terms and Conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”); initially capitalized terms used but not otherwise defined in this Policy have the respective meanings ascribed to them in the Terms and Conditions). In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between or among the provisions of this Policy and those contained in the Terms and Conditions with respect to the subject matter hereof, the provisions of this Policy shall govern and control in each instance. Your use of the Website is subject to the Terms and Conditions. The provisions of the Terms and Conditions are incorporated by reference in their entirety into this Policy, with the same force and effect as if the same were fully set forth herein. For more information, see the Terms and Conditions at: https://campaign.tv/terms
- ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POLICY
Please read this Policy carefully before accessing or using the Website. Flu Game owns and operates the Website, and offers the Platform to you, the user (together with any person who views, browses, or uses the Website as a browser, merchant, trader, or contributor of content, individually and/or collectively, as the context may require, the “User”, all “Users”, or “You”), conditioned upon your acceptance of this Policy. This Policy applies to all Users, and all of your personal data that is provided, posted, uploaded, or shared on the Website, or given to Flu Game in any manner, is subject to this Policy.
By visiting, using, or continuing to use any part of the Website, or by giving us your personal information, You acknowledge, accept, and consent to the practices described in this Policy. If You do not agree to accept this Policy, You may not access the Website, use any part of the Platform, or give us any personal information.
- WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED?
We may collect the following types of information in order to provide the Platform:
- personal information, such as user IDs, passwords, names, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, birth dates, and payment information that is collected and stored upon sign-up for the Platform. (Note: We strongly recommend that You keep passwords unique from other identifiers such as user ID and member names to help protect your privacy.);
- confirmation notices detailing whether You responded to e-mails sent out by the Platform for various reasons described in this Policy and in the Terms and Conditions. These notices ensure You have been properly notified, and record whether You have responded to the e-mail via the included hyperlinks. These notices may be stored in our database;
- Website usage data of varying nature from the Website regarding both registered Users and non-registered Users. For example, we may collect information based on the links visited on the Website or frequency of visits to enhance features of interest. We may also collect dynamic IP addresses to help track the links of Flu Game, its subsidiaries, and affiliates that You may choose during a Session. This type of automatically collected information may include, without limitation, such information as the page served, time, source of the request, type of browser making the request, preceding page view, and other such information; and
- other personal information received from other sources, which may be stored along with your User profile.
- HOW MAY THIS INFORMATION BE COLLECTED?
We may collect the information described in the previous section through various methods, including, but not limited to:
- the registration process: to register as a User, You must provide relevant personal information, create a user ID, and create a password. This information, which includes payment and billing information, helps identify your capabilities within the Platform;
- service e-mails: we collect confirmation-of-receipt messages related to e-mail communications sent to Users via the Platform; and
- Website navigation: navigating through the Website via links allows us to identify and log your IP address. We may collect IP addresses for purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our affiliates.
- FLU GAME’S COOKIE PRACTICE
Your internet browser has a feature called cookies, which stores small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to the Website. Your browser’s cookie function need not be turned on to visit the Website, although active participation in certain areas of the Website may require cookies. Cookies alone tell us nothing about who You are unless You specifically give us personally identifiable information, in which case we may use the information to enhance the Platform in the ways described below. (Note: By adjusting the settings in your browser, You may elect to prevent the collection of cookies.) Flu Game also uses technologies, including electronic images known as Web bugs - sometimes called transparent GIFs, clear GIFs, or beacons - that allow us to track general User-traffic patterns. We also automatically receive and record information from our servers and from your browser, including your IP address, the time of your visit to pages on the Website, and information about pages You visited. Unless You have registered for a specific portion of the Platform, the information we gather through the use of tracking technologies cannot be matched with any of your personally identifiable information.
- WHY FLU GAME COLLECTS PERSONAL DATA AND HOW IT MAY BE USED
Flu Game collects personal information for, without limitation, the following purposes:
- for your convenience and ease of use, we save your password so You don’t have to re-enter it each time You visit the Website;
- to take the pulse of the Users to determine the popularity of various Platform features among Users; and
- to provide targeted advertisements in which You may be interested.
Collected data and information may be used by Flu Game for, without limitation, the following purposes:
- contacting You regarding updates or changes to your account;
- contacting You about updates or changes to the Platform (to the extent we deem such contact to be necessary or appropriate);
- updating our database;
- confirming new User registration;
- counting return visits to the Website or our advertisers’ or partners’ websites;
- tracking referrals;
- accumulating and reporting anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass), statistical information on Website and advertisement usage;
- monitoring the use of the Platform to protect other Users and ensure compliance with the Terms and Conditions; and
- sending You information You agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to You, including promotional offers from certain marketing partners. (Note: We will not share your contact information with these partners but may send promotional offers on their behalf.)
- SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA BY FLU GAME
Flu Game may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or, if in Flu Game’s commercially reasonable judgment, such legal disclosure is necessary to comply with legal processes or to respond to any claims (e.g., financial audits).
Flu Game may also disclose your personal data if we believe that your actions violate applicable laws, the Terms and Conditions, or any usage guidelines for specific parts of the Platform, or threaten the rights, property, or safety of Flu Game, Users, or others.
We will make your personally identifiable information available to other companies or people only when:
- You have elected to allow us to share that information at the time that You registered on the Website or provided us the information, or through a subsequent affirmative election through the Website;
- You volunteer information or create a public profile in the course of your interactions on the Website and/or the Platform;
- You use co-branded services (e., third-party websites or services that we offer to You in connection with a partner, who is identified on the Website). When You use a co-branded portion of the Platform, You grant us permission to pass your registration information back to that service partner. Their use of your information is subject to their applicable privacy policies;
- we hire third-party vendors to provide specialized services, such as customer support; e-mail message deployment; suppression, merge and de-duplication services; data processing; and special products or services that You have requested. These companies are only allowed to use the information in order to help us provide the Platform to You;
- You unsubscribe for a mailing that we send to You on behalf of a third party. We may share your removal instruction with the third party so that it may be added to that person’s list of people to whom they may not send e-mails; or
- You are the winner of a contest or a sweepstakes that is co-sponsored with a third party and that third party needs your information in order to manage the prize fulfillment process.
- SHARING OF NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for marketing, promotional, and other purposes. We do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify You personally.
- FLU GAME DOES NOT STORE OR USE PAYMENT DATA
Data related to Fees paid in connection with Sessions or other transactions taking place on or through the Website is never accessible to, or stored by, Flu Game. The processing of all Fees is handled by a third-party service provider and is subject to that provider’s terms and conditions. Any information you provide to such third party will be maintained in accordance with its policies, and not ours.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY FOR THIRD-PARTY INTERACTIONS
Your dealings with any third party that is connected in any way to the Website are solely between You and any such third party and are subject to any terms, conditions, policies, warranties and/or representations associated with such dealings.
Flu Game offers no guarantee or warranties of quality, trustworthiness, or reliability of any third-party website, and there is no warranty from Flu Game in relation to anything that might happen upon You visiting a third-party website. Users shall visit such websites entirely at their own discretion, by their own accord, and at their own risk. Your use of a third-party website is without warranty or legal liability of any kind on the part of Flu Game.
- SHARE PERSONAL DATA AT YOUR OWN RISK
We strongly recommend that Users do not share any personal information when using the Platform. Please be aware that Flu Game does not guarantee security of any personal information made public through the Platform, should You choose to do so. Flu Game cannot control the use of any personal information provided to Users or third parties who have access to the Platform and therefore cannot ensure that said parties will respect your privacy.
- WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS IF I DO NOT WISH TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Users who would rather not provide any of the data requested by our registration process do not need to register on the Website. You can still access parts of the Website without registering;
- Users interested in registering may opt not to provide certain personal information when registering on the Website, provided, however, that they may be unable to use some portions of the Platform without providing certain information; or
- Users have the option to not receive our electronic newsletters or those of third parties when registering. Users who opt-in to our electronic newsletter or third party advertising may remove themselves from mailing lists at any time through the subscription-management pages or by following the instructions at the end of any e-mail received from Flu Game.
- YOUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
You have the right to access, free of charge, all personal information collected for the purposes of correcting it (if inaccurate), erasing it (opting out), or to reuse your personal information. To access your information, please choose one of the following options:
- log onto your Flu Game account on the Website using your username and password, and then click on “edit your personal information”; or
- click on our “Contact Us” link and fill out the online form on the Website.
- ACCOUNT TERMINATION
Upon termination of your Flu Game account, Flu Game will delete all personally identifiable account information and will not maintain any permanent records of your personal information. This does not include information posted on the Platform, as such information is in the public domain and is removable at the discretion of Flu Game. Additionally, termination of your Flu Game account may not terminate any related accounts connected to our affiliates or subsidiaries. Flu Game is not responsible for the continued use of personal information by third-party websites not under Flu Game’s direct control.
- CHILDRENS’ PERSONAL INFORMATION
Flu Game does not knowingly solicit or collect personal data from children. If we discover that we have accidentally collected personal data from a child (for which the age of consent varies by country), we will remove that child’s personal data from our records as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- BUSINESS TRANSFERS
We are always seeking to improve the Website and the Platform. In accomplishing this objective, we may buy or sell a company, or one or more of the companies in our corporate family may merge with or be acquired by another company. If Flu Game sells a business, we may transfer some or all of your information as a part of the sale in order that the Platform may continue or for other business purposes.
This Policy may be updated or modified from time to time without notice to the User. Any new features or tools which are added to the Website shall also be subject to this Policy. We reserve the right to update, change, or replace any part of this Policy by posting updates and/or changes to the Website. We will notify You of significant changes by sending a notice to the e-mail address(es) associated with your user ID. You can, however, review the most current version of this Policy at any time on this page, and it is your responsibility to check this page periodically for any modifications, revisions, additions, or deletions to this Policy.